BOOKS AND VIDEOS
Video: Basic GPS Made Easy
6 out of 10
You're participating in a fishing tournament when the weather turns bad. Fog completely enshrouds your boat and everything around you, making it near impossible to find your way back to the dock. "No problem" you think to yourself, as you turn to your brand new GPS unit. You immediately start pushing buttons, trying to figure out how to find your way through the fog. Unfortunately, you never read the manual. Now, when you need it most, you find it frustrating that you're unable to figure out what you thought was a simple electronic device.
It's situations like this that make you wish you knew how to properly operate your GPS unit. This is especially true when navigating in adverse conditions or finding your way back to a deer trail, tree stand, or favorite fishing hole.
I have to tell you, it doesn't have to be this way.
GPSVideos.com offers a one hour video on DVD or VHS that takes the operation of your GPS to a new level. No longer will you struggle to understand basic concepts such as how to set waypoints, insert icons, and determine routes on your GPS unit.
Basic GPS Made Easy covers the following topics that you will not learn in-depth by reading most user manuals:
- The type of GPS you need.
- Waypoints, icons, routes, trails, and Navionics electronic charts.
- Tricks for navigating in adverse conditions.
- How to organize your waypoints.
- Covers many basic concepts and topics.
- Presented in an easy to learn format.
- Provides an excellent look at GPS navigation on both land and water, with a picture-in-picture view of actual trips.
- Video presentation can look like an amateur production at times, with hand drawn images and reflections seen on the monitor during computer demonstrations.
- Does not cover more advanced features, such as split screen sonar, GPS combination screens, and detail routing.
The Bottom Line
Basic GPS Made Easy is a great video to get you started in the exciting world of GPS navigation. Choose between the VHS or DVD format, and you're ready to begin learning. After you've finished watching the video, you should be able to use the basic functions of most GPS systems, both old and new.
Although the production quality could be improved upon, this is one of the most informative GPS videos we've seen to date. If you're looking for information on how to operate your specific brand and model GPS unit, we recommend contacting the manufacturer of your unit to obtain an instruction video.
Format: DVD and VHS
Running Time: 55 minutes
Shipping and Handling: $4.99
For more information about this GPS video, visit the GPSVideos.com Web site, or contact GPSVideos.com through email.
| Featured Fishing Ads|
| More Featured Fishing Sites|